We are looking forward to welcoming guests to the ECCO FEI World Championships in Herning 2022. When the World Championships in dressage, parade dressage, jumping and vaulting will take place in August 2022 in the Municipality of Herning, it will be the largest international equestrian event in Denmark ever seen.
- In Herning Municipality, we have strong traditions and culture for equestrian sports. It is within our DNA to support and to contribute to big equestrian events. We aim to show both the participants and spectators that this city and our whole area are dedicated and involved in this equestrian championship. It is without comparison the biggest equestrian event in the history of sports in Denmark, and we are proud to be a part of it, pronounces Jørgen Krogh, who is the director of the administration for City, Business and Culture in Herning Municipality.
For more than a decade the Municipality of Herning has pursued a deliberate strategy to attract and support international sporting events and championships to be hosted in the City of Herning. In the municipality's area and surroundings, we find optimal conditions for a successful event for both participants and spectators as well as the organizers. The size of the city and its well-developed infrastructure combined with the hospitality of the population provides a good setting for fantastic events.
In the Municipality of Herning we have a saying: "We are big enough to matter, small enough to care." And that is the greatest strengths in the context of being a host for large-scale sporting events. The director from Herning Municipality narrates:
- Our city is large enough to handle an international setup that a world championship will bring. At the same time, we are small enough to ensure support from the local society all the way from the city centre to the outskirts of the Municipality. An entire region will be involved in the FEI World Championships, says the director from Herning Municipality.
In the Municipality of Herning we have many tourists every year in our area. We have been proud to host several major events in the past like these international tournaments and championships:
- IIHF World Championship in Ice Hockey 2018
- IHF Handball World Championships (Men in 2019 and Women in 2015)
- World Championships for Icelandic horses 2015
- FEI European Championships in dressage, jumping and paradressage (2013)
- Giro d’Italia 2012
We look forward to welcoming 200,000 visitors from all over the world to the FEI World Championships Herning 2022 and we sincerely hope to give them experiences for life here in Herning Municipality.
Herning Municipality supports the sustainability programme within the sport event industry in Denmark. The ECCO FEI World Championships Herning 2022 is an important part of this agenda. Sustainability and a green outline will therefore be an important part of the history of herning2022.
With participants from 70 countries, more than 200.000 visitors and 200 million tv viewers, the number of spectators is enormous. They will experience an event with focus on sustainable matters and efforts during the event.
- The ECCO FEI World Championships in Herning 2022 will leave new standards for events with a more sustainably mindset. As a Municipality and event host, we have a clear interest in supporting the important matter of sustainability and environmental development. We hope that this will be an event that other organizers in the future will be inspired by, says the director from Herning Municipality.